Gold and Silver Coins, Bars, and Bullion | Ploutos Gold and Silver LLC Free Shipping on orders over $1500 Log in | call us at 617-564-1630

Gold and Silver Markets Await Fed Decision: Impact on Prices and Investments

Silver investment moves slightly lower this week as markets anticipate the Federal Reserve’s decision this afternoon, impacting both silver and gold bullion. Ahead of Chairman Jerome Powell’s statement on the economy, early Wednesday shows a rise in gold prices due to weaker bond yields.

The consensus expects the central bank to maintain interest rates at the current level of 5.25% to 5.50% until May. Recent reports on inflation and job numbers reflect market resilience, with November’s consumer price index data indicating a slowdown in inflation while remaining significantly above the Fed’s 2% target. On Wednesday, the producer price index data for November is set to be released, further influencing market sentiment.

In Comex trading, gold futures for the front-month lost 50 cents on Tuesday, settling at $1,993.20 per ounce. The February contract reflects a 1.1% decrease over the first two days of this week. Despite a 3.2% rise in November following October’s 6.9% gain and a 5.1% dip in September, gold has shown an overall increase of 9.1% in 2023. Currently, the February contract sits at $1997.50 per ounce, while PGS’s spot price stands at $1984.00.

The core Consumer Price Index (CPI), excluding volatile food and energy prices, revealed a 0.3% increase in November from the previous month and a 4% rise year-on-year, as per Tuesday’s Labor Department release. When including food and energy prices, the increase was 0.1% for the month and 3.1% annually. These figures, mostly in line with estimates but slightly worse, impact the market outlook.

Fed officials closely monitor inflation and labor market reports to inform monetary policy decisions. Typically, higher interest rates negatively affect gold’s attractiveness compared to assets like bonds. Any indication of a rate pause or cut is likely to bolster gold’s position among investors.

The CME FedWatch Tool indicates a 98.2% probability of the Fed maintaining its federal funds rate on Wednesday, with only 1.8% expecting a 25 basis point increase. The consensus predicts unchanged rates in January and March, but the majority foresee a rate cut in May. Since March 2022, the central bank has raised rates by 5.25 percentage points to rein in inflation towards the 2% target.

Additionally, this week will see announcements on monetary policy decisions from the European Central Bank and Bank of England.

As for silver, front-month futures slipped 0.2% on Tuesday, settling at $23.02 per ounce on Comex. The March contract is down 1.1% this week, marking a 12% increase in November, a 2.2% rise in October, and a 9.5% fall in September. Overall, silver has declined by 4.3% in 2023. Presently, the March contract is valued at $22.905 per ounce, while PGS’s spot price stands at $22.61.

For inquiries about silver and gold investment, visit or contact us at 617-564-1630. Stay updated by following us on Facebook:

Michael BarrowMichael Barrow
19:58 23 May 23
Great products and working with Ploutos is a real pleasure,wish other businesses were as friendly and easy to deal with. I would recommend them any time and i will be ordering more products
Austin HAustin H
17:55 24 Apr 23
Nikos was so professional! He helped me with great recommendations and I couldn't be happier with the products.Thanks Nikos!!
jonathan ortizjonathan ortiz
00:18 22 Apr 23
For any first time customer I highly recommend Ploutos gold and silver. Niko is well knowledgeable about his products and helped answer all of my questions and concerns.
Joshua KelleherJoshua Kelleher
22:39 19 Apr 23
Niko is fantastic. Bought some maples, krugerrands, and cook island silver 1 ounce coins which were amazing. When I picked them up they were straight from the mint. Everything was in pristine condition. Given the high demand lately it took a couple weeks for everything to come in, but it was well worth the wait. Prices were fair and Niko is a great guy to talk to. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to buy physical bullion.
Brian BaragaBrian Baraga
09:22 06 Apr 23
I recently made several orders online and everything was delivered in a very short time. The owner of the business was extremely helpful in finding items I was interested in and was able to fulfill my request.
John PicardJohn Picard
04:25 08 Feb 23
Bought a couple of times now from Niko. His prices are the lowest and most fair. He works very hard to get you the product that you want and cares about customer satisfaction. You can feel confident buying from Niko.
Dave GuerraDave Guerra
21:10 16 Jan 23
Love this guy. Niko was so willing to help me even off hours. I would send him a text about a certain item, and he would call me back promptly to see how he could help me out. Niko has been the best my wife and I have ever work with. Please everyone do your business with ploutos Gold and Silver. If he doesn’t have what you’re looking for,He will get it.
George TiglianidisGeorge Tiglianidis
02:07 01 Nov 22
I’ve always wanted to purchase precious metals and wanting to support a localbusiness a friend recommended Ploutos.I placed my first order with Niko last December of 2021 as a stocking stuffer for my kids. My order was placed online and just a few days later my order had arrived, nicely packaged with a bow!I caught the itch and months later I wanted to make another purchase. This time it was a bigger order of silver rounds, the price was competitive and because I’m not to far, Niko hand delivered my order the very next day!His prices are competitive and his customer service is top notch.If you have any questions, Niko knows his stuff.Since I’ve done business with Niko and Ploutos, I have recommended his services to a few other friends and they all agree that Ploutos is legit.If you have any hesitation, a phone call with Niko will put your mind at ease.

Why Choose Precious Metals from Ploutos Gold and Silver?

Ploutos Gold and Silver, a reputable name in the industry, empathizes with the aspirations of Gold and Silver enthusiasts. Our journey is intertwined with yours and every customer we welcome, as we extend our personal insights along with a wealth of resources to empower you in your own research endeavors.

While Precious Metals hold the potential to enhance a diversified portfolio, Ploutos Gold and Silver acknowledges that this investment might not resonate with everyone. It transcends the realm of mere numbers on paper – Gold and Silver embody a tangible value that stands resilient against the test of time. Unlike the turbulence of stock markets, their value isn't swayed solely by global financial dynamics; myriad factors contribute to their pricing. Gold and Silver investments often pass down through generations, embracing the enduring value they uphold.

Explore Gold and Silver Prices

When crafting an investment strategy for purchasing gold and silver, the role of prices is pivotal. Relying on a reputable source is of paramount importance. Ploutos Gold and Silver emerges as your steadfast hub for accurate Gold and Silver pricing. It's intriguing to note that many other prominent online bullion companies display discrepancies of up to $20 in their gold spot prices.

Visit our website's header for real-time updates on Gold and Silver pricing. Ploutos Gold and Silver provides transparent pricing data for Gold and Silver, available 24/7.

What factors influence Gold and Silver prices? It encompasses current events, market speculations, currency dynamics, supply and demand. Amidst these variables, the intrinsic worth of Precious Metals remains unwavering.

Explore Silver Brittania coins or American Gold Eagles, a testament to the endorsement of the United States government. Embark on this journey with Ploutos Gold and Silver, where you receive discreetly shipped and insured Gold and Silver at your doorstep.

Witness our reviews firsthand and discover why individuals relish purchasing from a family-owned bullion company. Some even liken us to your Local Coin Shop that you needn't drive to! With Ploutos Gold and Silver, your path to acquiring Precious Metals is seamless and secure. Acquire your preferred Gold and Silver treasures 24/7 through our online portal.

Need help? Call us 617-564-1630 or email
Buy Gold and Silver Coins and Bullion | Ploutosgs